[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] time based auto scaling

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Apr 29 07:29:57 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 29 2015, ZhiQiang Fan wrote:

> However, current ceilometer only provide time constraint alarm, which will
> only evaluate but not guarantee it will be triggered. And heat cannot
> provide something like timer, but just can wait for the signal.
>
> So I propose to add a new type of alarm, which will definitely send a
> signal to action when it is evaluated (with or without repeat, it will work
> well with time constraint)
>
> Any suggestion?

I've proposed exactly that around 18-24 years go I think during a
summit, and nobody was really interested back then and was worried to
have yet another cron system – though OpenStack didn't have one.

I still think it's a good idea and it will be a nice addition to the
alarming system, so if you want to write a spec for that I'll be all
yours. :)

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker