[openstack-dev] after change the system time backward, swift upload file return 409 conflict

baili baili1 at huawei.com
Wed Apr 29 06:38:10 UTC 2015

After changed the system time from 4-20 to 4-5, upload file to swift returned 409 conflict, this file had been uploaded to swift at 4-20, the 409 conflict is caused by the fact that swift compares the request time against the disk_file's X-Timestamp, if the request time is older than the file's

X-Timestamp, swift will return a 409 response.

My question is that why swift compares the two timestamp, and how I can upload file to swift successfully?