[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Liberty Summit Topics etherpad

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 19:43:03 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 3:11 PM, James Slagle <james.slagle at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've created an etherpad for for TripleO to track the topics we'd like
> to discuss at the Liberty Summit:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-liberty-proposed-sessions
>
> It's also linked from the main Design Summit Planning wiki page:
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Design_Summit/Planning
>
> If you have something you'd like to propose to discuss, please add it
> to the etherpad.

TripleO has 2 fishbowl sessions and 2 working sessions at the Summit,
as well as an all day contributor's meetup on Friday.  I'd like to
finalize the topics for the sessions over the next day or 2. We can
continue to refine as needed, but I'd like to get the summaries out
there so that folks can start planning what sessions they want to
attend.

My thinking right now is that we devote one fishbowl session to a
discussion around tripleo-heat-templates. Particularly around refining
the interfaces and what we can further do to enable Docker integration
for a containerized Overcloud. We could also discuss making the
template implementations more composable at the individual service
level, and plans around deprecating the elements based templates.

For the second fishbowl session, we could make it testing/CI focused.
We could devote some time to talking about diskimage-builder testing,
and TripleO CI as it relates to quintupleo, the puppet modules, and
possibly using the infra clouds. Depending on time and interest, we
could also discuss if and how we might move forward with a devtest
alternative that was more production oriented.

For the working sessions, I don't think we need as much of a defined
summary. But I suspect we could pick a few things to focus on at each
session: tripleo-heat-templates, HA, network architecture,
diskimage-builder testing.

Let me know any feedback/opinions, and I'll get the schedule updated
on sched.org this week. Thanks.

--
-- James Slagle