[openstack-dev] [all] Question for the TC candidates

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Tue Apr 28 18:05:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-04-28 at 16:30 +0100, Chris Dent wrote:
> What's important to avoid is the blog postings being only reporting of
> "conclusions". They also need to be invitations to participate in the
> discussions. Yes, the mailing list, gerrit and meeting logs have some
> of the ongoing discussions but often, without a nudge, people won't
> know.

Not being a member of the TC, I have noticed that the hottest topics
touched by the TC were indeed discussed on this list quite extensively.
I'm sure you've not missed the conversation about "big tent", tags,
release naming process, the use of secret IRC channels, etc. Important
conversations happen on this list first, then move to the tc and
eventually become decisions published on
http://governance.openstack.org.

Applications of new projects also are discussed on this list before they
land on TC meeting agenda.

The mailing list of the TC is open and is low traffic. The agenda is
published there regularly: people who care about the TC and *have time
to spare* are on that list.

If you haven't seen many blog posts in 2015 is because the most
important change is the 'big tent' and its tagging system. My feeling is
that this topic is so huge that it will take another cycle before it can
be digested, nobody yet considers it 'completed' enough to summarize in
a blog post. I expect that after the release and the Summit the topic
will be more clear. BTW, add this session to your calendar for
Vancouver:
http://openstacksummitmay2015vancouver.sched.org/event/4f51d5c18865d24d9a8fbb5a0603f0c9

> I'm not trying to suggest that the TC is trying to keep people in
> the dark, rather that it always takes more effort than anyone would
> like to make sure things are lit.

I have the feeling that the largest and most important changes are being
communicated widely. They're hard and complex and will require time and
more efforts by all (not just TC members) before they're also understood
properly. It'll take time.

.stef