[openstack-dev] [QA] Question about tempest API tests that establish SSH connection to instances

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Tue Apr 28 15:00:08 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 02:21:27PM +0300, Yaroslav Lobankov wrote:
> Guys, thank you for answers!
>
> Then I have one more question :) How do scenario tests (that establish SSH
> connection to instances) work?

So the scenario tests don't use the run_ssh flag, they just ssh in to servers
when they need to regardless of the value of that config option. (as do any
tests which are currently using ssh in the gate)

That's actually part of what the BP that Joseph pointed out is trying to
address. The run_ssh option is currently kind of a mess, it's not globally
respected, and things that do rely on it are probably broken, because as
Salvatore said we skip those in the gate.

Reading the spec for that BP will provide some good background here:

http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/qa-specs/specs/ssh-auth-strategy.html

-Matt Treinish