[openstack-dev] install custom middleware via devstack

Jaume Devesa devvesa at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:08:02 UTC 2015

Hi Ali,

I don't know the details of what you want to achieve, but (not so) recently,
devstack allows you to add Externally Hosted Plugins[1], from which Devstack
loads an external repository and run any arbitrary code.

This code will be sourced in each one of the Devstack's phases, so you can
control what code run in each phase. Check out the script we use in MidoNet
plugin as an example[2]

Hope that helps.

[1]:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/devstack/plugins.html#externally-hosted-plugins
[2]:
https://github.com/stackforge/networking-midonet/blob/master/devstack/plugin.sh

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 08:55, AliReza Taleghani wrote:
> Hi
> I'm working on a custom middleware which will place on swift-proxy
> pipeline, just before the latest proxy-logging.
>
> how can I force devstack to install my middleware just as I run ./stack.sh?
> #The point is that I'm looking for a mature and standard to do it, so I'm
> not going to just edit the stack.sh and Embed some scripts to manually
> handle the case! but as I mentioned I would like the learn the best case...
>

> Sincerely,
> Ali R. Taleghani
> @linkedIn <http://ir.linkedin.com/in/taleghani>

Jaume Devesa