[openstack-dev] [Keystone][Glance] Hierarchical multitenancy and Glance?

Geoff Arnold geoff at geoffarnold.com
Tue Apr 28 06:10:36 UTC 2015

Use cases:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HierarchicalMultitenancy <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HierarchicalMultitenancy>

Blueprints:
(Kilo):
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/hierarchical-multitenancy <https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/hierarchical-multitenancy>
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/reseller <https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/reseller>
(Liberty):
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/multiple-level-user-quota-management <https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/multiple-level-user-quota-management>
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/nested-quota-driver-api <https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/nested-quota-driver-api>
(Pending):
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/hierarchical-projects <https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/hierarchical-projects>
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/inherited-roles <https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/inherited-roles>

As for adoption, it’s hard to say. The HMT work in Keystone was a necessary starting point, but in order to create a complete solution we really need the corresponding changes in Nova (quotas), Glance (resource visibility), Horizon (UI scoping), and probably Ceilometer (aggregated queries). We (Cisco) are planning to kick off a Stackforge project to knit all of these things together into a complete “reseller” federation system. I’m assuming that there will be other system-level compositions of the various pieces.

Geoff