[openstack-dev] [all] Question for the TC candidates

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Mon Apr 27 22:20:39 UTC 2015

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> I believe all of the posts were on the main OpenStack foundation blog
> under the "technical committee" tag [1], and they also went to
> planet.openstack.org for folks who subscribe to the entire community
> feed.

Ah. Some things about that:

* in the right sidebar, under categories, there is no "category" for
   the "tag" "technical-committee"
* assuming the blog is up to date there were three postings in that
   tag last year, and none so far this year
* there are some posts from this year, but they didn't get the tag

>> The only way I've been able to get any sense of what the TC might be
>> up to is by watching the governance project on gerrit and that tends
>> to be too soon and insufficiently summarized and thus a fair bit of
>> work to separate the details from the destinations.
>
> I think we chose blog posts for their relative permanence, and
> retweetability. Maybe we should post to the mailing list instead,
> if the contributor community follows the list more regularly than
> blogs?

I think on a blog is a great idea, but my point with above and the
earlier message is either that the blogging is not happening or I'm not
finding it. The impression I got from your earlier message was that
summaries from the meetings were being produced. The TC met more than
three times in 2014, yes? So either something is amiss with linking
up the blog posts or the summaries aren't happening.

I think it would be great if there were weekly or montly summaries. They
can go to whatever medium is deemed appropriate but it is critical that
new folk are able to find them.

_Summaries_ are critical as it is important that the information is
digested and contextualized so its relevance can be more clear. I
know that I can read the IRC logs but I suspect most people don't
want to make the time for that.

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent