[openstack-dev] [all] Question for the TC candidates

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Apr 27 19:30:41 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Chris Dent's message of 2015-04-27 17:32:12 +0100:
> On Mon, 27 Apr 2015, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>
> > For outgoing communication, during Kilo (and possibly Juno) we tried
> > blogging meeting summaries. Did folks notice? Were the posts useful?
>
> Is there a TC specific blog place of interest? I sometimes stumble
> on blog postings from people I know are TC people but I'm not sure if
> they are speaking in-their-position-as. And there is the governance
> category on the "The OpenStack Blog" with subjects that begin
> "OpenStack Technical Committee Update:", but the last one of those
> that I can find is from February, so I assume you must mean
> somewhere else?
>
> Where do you mean?

I believe all of the posts were on the main OpenStack foundation blog
under the "technical committee" tag [1], and they also went to
planet.openstack.org for folks who subscribe to the entire community
feed.

> The only way I've been able to get any sense of what the TC might be
> up to is by watching the governance project on gerrit and that tends
> to be too soon and insufficiently summarized and thus a fair bit of
> work to separate the details from the destinations.

I think we chose blog posts for their relative permanence, and
retweetability. Maybe we should post to the mailing list instead,
if the contributor community follows the list more regularly than
blogs?

Doug

[1] http://www.openstack.org/blog/tag/technical-committee/