[openstack-dev] change jenkins CI to distinguish different types of failures?

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Mon Apr 27 17:38:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

I was recently hit with a couple of Jenkins -1 votes due to underlying failures
in the test framework which never even completed the installation of the test
framework.

In circumstances like this I wonder if it might make sense to have Jenkins
"abstain" rather than mark it -1.  We could then have a job that went around and
re-ran Jenkins tests for cases where it "abstained" previously.

I think it would make sense for Jenkins to only vote -1 if it actually ran the
tests and hit failures (as opposed to failing to run the test at all).

Chris