[openstack-dev] [heat] Stack/Resource updated_at conventions

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Mon Apr 27 17:17:13 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 04:45:10PM +0000, Randall Burt wrote:
> 2 sounds right to me, but does the in-memory representation get updated or are we forced into a refetch at every change?

Yeah, we probably would be, digging some more there's historical context
here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1193269

AFAICT the fix for that bug introduced the behavior I'm now trying to
avoid, but is actually correct, if the objective is to remain consistent
with the CFN "LastUpdatedTime", which says "The time the stack was last
updated".

My comments about suspend/resume etc were actually incorrect, we only store
updated_at on the transistion to UPDATE_COMPLETE.

Any other ideas of where we can expose the timestamp associated with the
transition to UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS, which is the info I need?

Steve