[openstack-dev] [magnum] New fedora 21 Atomic images available for testing

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Mon Apr 27 01:01:08 UTC 2015

On 4/26/15, 11:21 AM, "Gregory Haynes" <greg at greghaynes.net> wrote:

>Excerpts from Steven Dake (stdake)'s message of 2015-04-23 23:27:00 +0000:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have spent the last couple of days trying to bring some sanity to the
>>image building process for Magnum.
>>
>> I have found a tool which the Atomic upstream produces which allows a
>>simple repeatable building process for Fedora Atomic images using any
>>upstream repos of our choosing.
>>
>> I put in a kubernetes 0.15 COPR repo in this build.  Please test and
>>get back to me either on irc or the ML.
>>
>> The image is available for download from here:
>>
>>https://fedorapeople.org/groups/magnum/fedora-21-atomic-3.qcow2.xz<https:
>>//fedorapeople.org/groups/magnum/>
>>
>> Regards,
>> -steve
>
>Hey Steve,
>
>Im wondering if youve looked at diskimage-builder for building these
>images? Theres already a fair amount of openstack projects using this to
>make disk images and I imagine it wouldnt be too hard for it to build
>images of the type you need...
>
>Cheers,
>Greg

Greg,

Yes of course I have looked at DIB.  DIB does not support Fedora Atomic
images.  These images don¹t just put files in /etc and /usr/bin etcŠ  They
place all files in one directory and keep a table mapping the files to the
correct location.  Please have a look at the disk format by opening the
disk via guestmount.

Regards
-steve