[openstack-dev] [metrics] what answers do you expect from counting comments? (was Re: Please stop reviewing code while asking questions)

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Fri Apr 24 16:50:02 UTC 2015

Stefano,

I'm not interested in these numbers, personally (well, other than the usual fishing stories at summit after umpteen beers; I did 14 bazillion reviews in Kilo, how many did you do?).

My concern (earlier in the thread) is that there is a metric. Once there's a metric someone attempts to use it to measure performance. And once someone uses a metric to measure performance, it influences behavior.

If I propose that a +0 should now get counted, given how overloaded the CI is, I don't want the system to get abused by wanton 'recheck's which start to count towards performance.

Personally real metrics are things like new features, time to merge, time to resolve bugs and those are the kinds of things you measure in your QAR's.

My 2c worth,

-amrith