[openstack-dev] [puppet] CI status & proposal for puppet-syntax-future jobs

Dan Prince dprince at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 02:14:38 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-04-23 at 18:56 -0400, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I dressed a spreadsheet with the current status of our CI [1].
> You can see that we need to work on Puppet 4.0 [2] and beaker [3].

Would it be reasonable to add a column representing the TripleO tests as
well. Currently we only have puppet-keystone but it is green (and we've
tested that a failing patch causes the CI to fail as well).

FWIW we already use master branches for most of these projects already:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/tripleo-puppet-elements/tree/elements/puppet-modules/source-repository-puppet-modules

Since our TripleO tests are green it follows the same CI job running on
the puppet module refspec would too. I'm happy to add coverage gradually
but just wanted to get the word out that the core TripleO CI job
framework already requires and supports testing many of the puppet
modules. We'd only need to push an openstack-infra patch (or patches) to
enable the coverage like we did for puppet-keystone.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/174997/

For those interested we have a wiki page describing the CI job in detail
here too:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/TripleOPuppetCI

Dan