[openstack-dev] [Glance] Open glance-drivers to all glance-cores

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Tue Apr 21 08:34:54 UTC 2015

On 20/04/15 19:34 +0000, Kuvaja, Erno wrote:
> [...]

All good points and answers, Erno. Thanks!

By reading your email, I believe we both are, somehow, complaining
about our current spec review process. I believe it doesn't make sense
that most of our historical reviewers are not in the drivers team and
that their opinions are not *required* in some areas.

Specs pretty much define *where* the project is headed and while I
trust very much our current drivers team, I believe we need more
input. It may be argued that to provide input it's not necessary to be
in the team and have +2/-2 access but unfortunately, in some cases,
it's not been enough.

In Oslo, the oslo-core team is the one reviewing specs. The process,
roughly, is that we all review the specs and vote and then the PTL
approves it. I've followed this process in Glance too and I have not
approved a single spec, I've limited myself to just review and provide
feedback. Removing Workflow +/- could make sense but again, there are
few cases where having a couple of more people watching over that repo
is good.

I guess my point is that specs will be discussed anyway and only
people that have participated in the discussions for a specific spec
know what's going on and what should be done. Therefore, I believe
these people will keep shuch spec updated, the discussions open and
what ever happens with that spec will be decided by more than one
person. I'm, by any means, trying to imply anything here. I just want
to make a point and encourage simplicity and clarity/transparency in
our spec process.

I trust the core team enough to believe no-one is going to get in
approve mode on specs. ;)

Flavio

--
@flaper87