[openstack-dev] [third-party][infra] Third-Party CI Operators: Let's use a common CI Solution!

Sukhdev Kapur sukhdevkapur at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 20:39:07 UTC 2015

Hi Ramy,

While I agree, in principal, with this line of thinking and goal, my
concern will be how much extra work is it going to create for existing CI
owners?
Our Ci system has been stable for a long time, and we put in a good amount
of effort to get it to that point. Our CI is not based upon zuul framework.
Zuul was still under discussion at the time when we put together our CI. We
use Jenkins as front end, along with Gerrit triggers, and AWS for
posting/preserving results/log.  We have dedicated back-end servers for
 testing.

My paranoia at this point will be to learn a new framework, risk breaking
things and taking a huge effort to get things stabilized - without much
additional ROI.
Am I overreacting here or does my argument makes sense?

I wonder how many folks will be in that camp?

Sukhdev