[openstack-dev] [Zaqar] Call for adoption (or exclusion?)

Michael Krotscheck krotscheck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 18:22:09 UTC 2015

What's the difference between openstack/zaqar and stackforge/cue? Looking
at the projects, it seems like zaqar is a ground-up implementation of a
queueing system, while cue is a provisioning api for queuing systems that
could include zaqar, but could also include rabbit, zmq, etc...

If my understanding of the projects is correct, the latter is far more
versatile, and more in line with similar openstack approaches like trove.
Is there a use case nuance I'm not aware of that warrants duplicating
efforts? Because if not, one of the two should be retired and development
focused on the other.

Note: I do not have a horse in this race. I just feel it's strange that
we're building a thing that can be provisioned by the other thing.

Michael