[openstack-dev] [Rally] Rally release management changes and future worfklow

Mikhail Dubov mdubov at mirantis.com
Mon Apr 20 11:04:58 UTC 2015

Hi all,

as some of you probably know, Rally has recently adopted a release-based
software development model. The latest release is 0.0.3 (appeared on Apr
14).

We have set as our goal to have a new release every 2-3 weeks. Since this
is quite ambitious and not so easy to achieve, we are also going to set up
a certain release management process:

   - We are going to have a special IRC meeting at *#openstack-rally* for
   release discussions. At this weekly meeting, we will discuss the goals for
   the next release, as well as the progress on them.
   - The features that are to be implemented in the next release will be
   posted in a special Google doc
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TX5zpYcTX8AXm-K_h1lzUNVCMvbRgsjUKU-dEYNWLY8/edit?usp=sharing>.
   This doc is open for anyone to view & comment. For code reviewers, this
   document should serve as a link to the patches with the highest priority.
   - Bugs on Launchpad <https://bugs.launchpad.net/rally> will be used as
   well to indicate issues that are to be fixed in the next release.
   - The release process will be managed by Mikhail Dubov, a Rally core
   reviewer from Mirantis.

Best regards,
Mikhail Dubov

Engineering OPS