[openstack-dev] [oslo][pbr] getting 0.11 out the door. Maybe even 1.0

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Apr 20 08:03:33 UTC 2015

So, we've fixed up the semver logic.

I went through the review backlog and merged the stuff that was good.

One thing in particular was problematic - prompting me to put up
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/174646/ - the commit this backs out
added per-platform requirements.txt files, which in light of both the
related discussions - one for environment markers, and one for
stopping using them for install_requires, seems like a bad idea to me.

We're working through the ecosystem changes needed to use environment
markers pervasively right now, which is a straight forward process, I
suspect it will take a month or so to get there, but not much longer.

So - I'd like to propose that we release 0.11 as soon as the servers
have been released and L is properly open - so that we've the whole
release to deal with any fallout.

If there's nothing majorly wrong mid-L, I'd like to release 1.0.0 just
to get us into 'ok its stable' mentality.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist