[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Building images separation and moving images into right place at right time

Arkady_Kanevsky at DELL.com Arkady_Kanevsky at DELL.com
Fri Apr 17 17:59:43 UTC 2015

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

If images under consideration are for overcloud nodes then they will changing all the time also. It all depends on which layer you are working on.
Just consider images for overcloud nodes as a cloud application, and then follow rules you would apply to any cloud application development.

I feel that we are in agreement on the goal and only specific work to be done is under discussion.

Do you have a blueprint or spec? That will simplify discussion.
Thanks,
Arkady

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaromir Coufal [mailto:jcoufal at redhat.com]
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2015 10:54 AM
To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [tripleo] Building images separation and moving images into right place at right time

Hey Arkady,

yes, this should stay as fundamental requirement. This is tandard Glance functionality, I just want to separate discover and deploy images since these will not be very likely subject of change and they belong into undercloud installation stage.

That's why I want to separate overcloud building images (which is actually already there) so that user can easily replace this image with different one.

-- Jarda