[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Building images separation and moving images into right place at right time

Jaromir Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 13:50:36 UTC 2015

Hi All,

at the moment we are building discovery, deploy and overcloud images all
at once. Then we face user to deal with uploading all images at one step.

User should not be exposed to discovery/deploy images. This should
happen automatically for the user during undercloud installation as
post-config step, so that undercloud is usable.

Once user installs undercloud (and have discovery & deploy images at
their place) he should be able to build / download / create overcloud
images (by overcloud images I mean overcloud-full.*). This is what user
should deal with.

For this we will need to separate building process for discovery+deploy
images and for overcloud images. Is that possible?

-- Jarda