[openstack-dev] Barbican : What is the difference between secret and order resource

Asha Seshagiri asha.seshagiri at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 06:23:37 UTC 2015

Hi All ,

What is the difference between secret and the order resource ?
Where is the key stored that is used for encrypting the payload in the
secret resource and how do we access it.

According to my understanding ,

Storing/Posting  the secret  means  we are encrypting the actual
information(payload)  using the key generated internally by the barbican
based on the type mentioned in the secret type.
Geting the secret means we are decryprting the information and geting the
actual information.

Posting the order refers to the generation of the actual keys by the
barbican  and encyrpting those keys based on the algorithm and the internal
key generated by barbican.
This encrypted key is referred through the secret reference and the whole
meta data is referred through a order reference.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

--
*Thanks and Regards,*