[openstack-dev] [Group-Based-Policy] Fixing backward incompatible unnamed constraints removal

Robert Kukura kukura at noironetworks.com
Wed Apr 15 15:19:43 UTC 2015

I believe that, on the stable branch at least, we need to fix the
migrations so that upgrades are possible. This probably means fixing
them the same way on the master branch first and backporting the fixes
to stable/juno. All migrations that were present in the initial juno
release need to be restored to the exact state they were in that
release, and new migrations need to be added that make the needed schema
changes, preserving state of existing deployments. I'm assuming there is
more involved than just the constraint removal in Ivar's [2], but
haven't checked yet. I think it would be OK to splice these new
migrations into the chain on master just after the final migration that
was present in the juno release, since we are not trying to support
trunk chasers on master. Does this make sense? I do not think it should
be difficult, unless schema changes were introduced for which deployment
state cannot be preserved/defaulted.

-Bob