[openstack-dev] [nova][libvirt] livemigration failed due to invalid of cpuset

Qiao, Liyong liyong.qiao at intel.com
Wed Apr 15 14:22:00 UTC 2015

Hi all
Live migration an instance will fail due to invalid cpuset, more detail can be find in this bug[1]
this exception is raised by python-libvirt's migrateToURI2/ migrateToURI. I'd like to get your idea on this:

1. disable live-migration and raise exception early since migrateToURI2/ migrateToURI consider this as a exception.
2. manually check cpuset of the instance's domain xml (maybe need to change the instance's numa_topology), this is kinds of hacking ??
3. fix this in migrateToURI2/ migrateToURI to allow libvirt live migrate that instance.

In my opinion, I think option 2 is better and much more reasonable, but I don't know if it possible to approach that changes?

[1] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1440981

I'd like to hear your suggestions, thanks
BR, Eli(Li Yong)Qiao