[openstack-dev] [all] QPID incompatible with python 3 and untested in gate -- what to do?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Apr 15 00:04:19 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-15 01:26:21 +0200 (+0200), Flavio Percoco wrote:
> On 14/04/15 23:18 +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> >On 2015-04-15 01:10:03 +0200 (+0200), Flavio Percoco wrote:
> >[...]
> >>I'd recommend sending this email to the ops mailing list
> >
> >And I'd recommend subscribing to it... it's really quite good! He
> >did (twice apparently, I expect the second by mistake):
> >
> >http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-operators/2015-April/006735.html
>
> It'd have been useful to have this linked in this thread...

Er, I just did? You could make the argument that he should have
posted there first and then linked that thread in his post to the
dev ML, or posted here first and linked the post here to the ops ML.
Or are you saying he should have mentioned in both messages that he
was going to post to both lists but not actually "linked" them
because of the chicken-and-egg requirement there?

> >>and the users mailing list too.
> >[...]
> >
> >The general mailing list seems a little less focused on this sort of
> >thing, but I suppose it can't hurt.
>
> I disagree, they are still users and we get feedback from them.

I'm just trying to figure out where in OpenStack any use of QPID is
end-user facing. If there are users interacting with OpenStack
clouds via QPID then I'm probably misunderstanding its use cases
since I assumed it was entirely for inter-service communication (so
would have bearing on people writing those services and people
deploying them).

Regardless, I don't think we have a "users mailing list" we have
"The OpenStack General mailing list" which includes in its mandate
"community announcements" so this might qualify, but seems excessive
and at that point we might as well just post questions to every
OpenStack mailing list because there might be someone using
something?
--
Jeremy Stanley