[openstack-dev] [horizon] Keystone token expiration causes user to be logged out

Brad Pokorny Brad_Pokorny at symantec.com
Tue Apr 14 23:26:09 UTC 2015

Hi all,

When a user is logged into Horizon and the Keystone token expires, I'm seeing that the user gets logged out, even though the web session hasn't expired.  After some searching around and finding [1], it looks like this is expected, as the implementation of Session Extendable Tokens would allow applications such as Horizon to fetch another token when the existing token expires.

Is there anything I've missed in the Horizon implementation that would currently allow extension of the token?

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/session-extendable-tokens

Thanks,
Brad