[openstack-dev] [Mistral] [Murano] Mistral devstack installation is failing in murano gate job

Serg Melikyan smelikyan at mirantis.com
Mon Apr 13 13:13:37 UTC 2015

Hi Nikolay & Filip,

indeed, root cause of the issue is that Murano & Mistral use different
version of yaql library. Murano installs yaql 0.2.4 and overrides
1.0.0b2 already installed and expected by Mistral.

We decided that we are not going to switch to the yaql 1.0.0 in Kilo
since we already finished Kilo development and working on bug-fixes
and releasing RC. This gate may be fixed if only Mistral will revert
1.0.0 support in Kilo :'(

Nikolay, what do you think about migrating to YAQL 1.0.0 in the next
release? I know that it was me who proposed Mistral team to adopt yaql
1.0.0, and I am sorry, I didn't realize all consequences of moving
Mistral to yaql 1.0.0 and Murano team living with yaql 0.2.4.

We need to work on packaging and supporting yaql in Ubuntu/CentOS in
order to add this library to the global-requirements and to avoid this
kind of issues in the future.