[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Consistent variable documentation for diskimage-builder elements

Gregory Haynes greg at greghaynes.net
Sun Apr 12 16:36:32 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Clint Byrum's message of 2015-04-08 23:11:29 +0000:

> I discussed a format for something similar here:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/162267/
>
> Perhaps we could merge the effort.
>
> The design and implementation in that might take some time, but if we
> can document the variables at the same time we prepare the inputs for
> isolation, that seems like a winning path forward.

The solution presented there would be awesome for not having to document
the variables manually at all - we can do some sphinx plugin magic to
autogen the doc sections and even get some annoying to write out
features like static links for each var (Im sure you knew this, just
spelling it out).

I agree that itd be better to not put a lot of effort into switching all
the README's over right now and instead work on the argument isolation.
My hope is that in the meanwhile new elements we create and possibly
README's we end up editing get moved over to this new format. Then, we
can try and autogen something that is pretty similar when the time
comes.

Now, lets get that arg isolation donw already. ;)

Cheers,
Greg