[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron] Linuxbridge as the default in DevStack [was: Status of the nova-network to Neutron migration work]

Attila Fazekas afazekas at redhat.com
Fri Apr 10 12:46:51 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Did you defined a br.100 next to the br0 ?
http://blog.davidvassallo.me/2012/05/05/kvm-brctl-in-linux-bringing-vlans-to-the-guests/

The usual issue with libvirt and libvirt based tools they automatically
add filtering rules against tagged traffic, so first usually
you had to convince the system to do not do it.

In Openstack the tagged traffic also frequently filtered because.:
The double tagging not supported by the hardware and/or by the plugin.
You cannot create your own virtual vlan aware switch on the API,
the Openstack L2 segments by default are not vlan aware.