[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron] Linuxbridge as the default in DevStack [was: Status of the nova-network to Neutron migration work]

Attila Fazekas afazekas at redhat.com
Fri Apr 10 07:05:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

I do not recommend Linux bridge as default for devstack.

I think most developer does not have a switch configured with trunk ports,
or tricks for faking it in a visualized environment.

I think adding some basic mtu and nat trick to devstack,
would make simpler to use the ml2/ovs/vxaln network
for devs who are not really familiar with networking.

Best Regards,
Attila