[openstack-dev] [Nova] Things to tackle in Liberty

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 03:34:19 UTC 2015

IIRC there was some work to make the plugging call out to a script so all
of the calls to various vswitches don't need to be in Nova. I would prefer
this to removing all plugging logic from Nova.

The main reason I would be hesitant to leave plugging completely out of
Nova is that it requires an agent on the compute node, which isn't the case
right now (e.g. plugins based on openflow, ovsdb, or something similar with
a remote controller handling the setup of forwarding logic).