[openstack-dev] [cinder] missing documentation

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Fri Apr 10 03:08:32 UTC 2015

On 10/04/15 07:04, Chris Friesen wrote:
> While trying to help someone recently I discovered that there is no
> documentation for many of the cinder extensions, including the
> "os-admin-actions" extension which provides the "os-migrate-volume" action.
>
> I've filed a bug, but I noticed that there was another documentation
> bug  (for undocumented volume actions) filed against cinder almost a
> year ago and it remains unassigned.  There's also another documentation
> bug that was filed this past January and it's still sitting with an
> importance of "undecided".
>
> This seems less than ideal for end-users...

Indeed.

There's this list of cinder documentation bugs in openstack-manuals:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs?field.tag=cinder

which includes some pretty major things - like for instance: volume
replication is undocumented right now ...

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1360768

Regards,

Tom