[openstack-dev] [all] how to send messages (and events) to our users

Min Pae sputnik13 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 23:00:11 UTC 2015

Good point that it’s already “multi-tiered”.  I thought ceilometer only
saved to database, I did not know it redistributes notifications.

As far as publishing to a “web native” protocol, I don’t have a particular
protocol in mind, as I said.  I’ve started looking at available protocols
to get an idea and have thus far come across just RSS, Atom, and WAMP.
WAMP seems like a good path for exposing a websocket based interface, but I
don’t have an idea of how widely it’s used and consumed.  I think it’s nice
that they have existing implementations for a wide range of client and
server targets.

I’m sure there are other protocols/stacks out there, it would be great to
hear from others as to what might be good targets.

- Min