[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Horizon] Insufficient (?) features in current Nova API

Timur Sufiev tsufiev at mirantis.com
Thu Apr 9 18:40:14 UTC 2015

Hello!

While analyzing Horizon behavior on a large scale we faced some performance
issues which are most probably caused by inefficient calls to Nova API from
Horizon, more specifically described at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1442310

Since my knowledge of Nova existing APIs is not very comprehensive I am not
quite sure whether current Nova API indeed doesn't support requesting the
details of a multiple instances limited by their <instance_id>-s (passed as
part of `search_opts` parameter) or I just failed to find the proper REST
call at http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref-compute-v2.1.html

Nova developers, could you please help me on that matter?

--
Timur Sufiev