[openstack-dev] [Nova] Things to tackle in Liberty

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Apr 9 15:36:27 UTC 2015

On 04/08/2015 05:07 PM, Michael Still wrote:
> There are still a few idle cores, particularly people who haven’t done
> less than ten reviews in the last 90 days. We should drop those people
> from core and thank them for their work in the past noting once again
> that this is a natural part of the Open Source process -- those people
> are off working on other problems now and that’s cool.

I fit this description.  :-)

I started a bit of a networking kick in Kilo and I see that continuing
for a while.  I started helping with Neutron a bit, and now I've started
helping build OVN and its OpenStack integration [1].

So, I'd like to go ahead and drop myself from nova*-core.  However,
anyone should feel free to ping me about any specific things that I
could provide input on based on previous involvement.  Thanks, everyone!

> nova-net
> =======
>
> OMG, this is still a thing. We need to actually work out what we’re
> doing here, and then do it. The path isn’t particularly clear to me
> any more, I thought I understood what we needed to do in Kilo, but it
> turns out that operators don’t feel that plan meets their needs.
> Somehow we need to get this work done. This is an obvious candidate
> for a summit session, if we can come up with a concrete proposal to
> discuss.

I totally agree with your sentiment here.  I'm very interested in the
future of networking for OpenStack with an open source backend.  :-)

[1]
http://blog.russellbryant.net/2015/04/08/ovn-and-openstack-integration-development-update/

--
Russell Bryant