[openstack-dev] [Nova] RC1 state of play

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu Apr 9 06:01:41 UTC 2015

There are a few bugs still outstanding for nova's RC1. Here's a quick
summary. For each of these we need to either merge the fix, or bump
the bug from being release blocking.

-----

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1427351
"cells: hypervisor API extension can't find compute_node services"

This still has review https://review.openstack.org/#/c/160506/
outstanding, but a related review has landed. Do we need to land the
outstanding review as well?

-----

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1430239
"Hyper-V: *DataRoot paths are not set for instances"

This one has https://review.openstack.org/#/c/162999 proposed as a
fix, which has one +2. Does anyone want to review a Hyper-V driver
change?

-----

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1431291
"Scheduler Failures are no longer logged with enough detail for a site
admin to do problem determination"

Two reviews outstanding here --
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/170421/ and its dependent (and WIP)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/170472/ -- these seem to be not
really ready. What's the plan here?

-----

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1313573
"nova backup fails to backup an instance with attached volume
(libvirt, LVM backed)"

For this we've merged a change which raises an exception if you try to
do this, so I think this is no longer release critical? It's still a
valid bug though so this shouldn't be closed.

-----

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1438238
"Several concurent scheduling requests for CPU pinning may fail due to
racy host_state handling"

The fix is https://review.openstack.org/#/c/169245/, which needs more reviews.

Michael

--