[openstack-dev] [qa] official clients and tempest

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Wed Apr 8 18:36:56 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 01:08:03PM -0400, David Kranz wrote:
> Since tempest no longer uses the official clients as a literal code
> dependency, except for the cli tests which are being removed, the clients
> have been dropping from requirements.txt. But when debugging issues
> uncovered by tempest, or when debugging tempest itself, it is useful to use
> the cli to check various things. I think it would be a good service to users
> of tempest to include the client libraries when tempest is installed on a
> machine. Is there a reason to not do this?
i>

Umm, so that is not what requirements.txt is for, we should only put what is
required to run the tempest in the requirements file. It's a package dependencies
list, not a list of everything you find useful for developing tempest code.

I get what you're going for but doing that as part of the tempest install is not
the right place for it. We can put it as a recommendation in the developer
documentation or have scripts somewhere which sets setups up a dev env or
something.

-Matt Treinish