[openstack-dev] Keystone, python3 and python-ldap

Dimitri John Ledkov dimitri.j.ledkov at intel.com
Wed Apr 8 18:20:23 UTC 2015

Heya,

Looking at keystone test requirements and the
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Python3 is there a plan for
python-ldap & ldappool ?

I see some mentions on the mailing list, but not a concrete solution.

It seems to me that both python-ldap & ldappool could be replaced by
ldap3 (previously known as python3-ldap, retro-fitted with python2.6+
support)

https://ldap3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/welcome.html

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ldap3

It is licensed under LGPLv3, is that ok? Note that currently
python-ldap license is quite iffy, and one of the optional deps is
BSD-4-Clause which also not nice for everyone.

Is it ok for me to work on transitioning to ldap3?

--
Regards,

Dimitri.

https://clearlinux.org
Open Source Technology Center
Intel Corporation (UK) Ltd. - Co. Reg. #1134945 - Pipers Way, Swindon SN3 1RJ.