[openstack-dev] [all] how to send messages (and events) to our users

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 17:56:50 UTC 2015

On 08/04/15 16:38 +0000, Sandy Walsh wrote:
> [...]

Sorry for being nitpicky but, saying "RPC-over-AMQP" is way too
generic. What AMQP version? On top of what technology?

Considering all the issues OPs have with our current broker story, I
think considering implementing this on top of pure AMQP (which is how
that phrase reads) would not be good.

If you meant "RPC-over-messaging" then I think you should just keep
using oslo.nmessaging, which abstracts the problem of picking one
broker.

Unfortunately, this means users will need to consume this messages
from the "messaging source" using oslo.messaging as well. I say
"unfortunately" because I believe the API - or even the protocol - as
it is exposed through this library - or simply the broker - is not
something users should deal with. There are services that try to make
this interaction simpler - yes, Zaqar.

Flavio