[openstack-dev] [all] how to send messages (and events) to our users

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 17:34:30 UTC 2015

On Wed, 8 Apr 2015, Sandy Walsh wrote:

> Yes. It would be so good to pull apart the state-machine that is Nova and
> just emit completed actions via notifications. Then, have something like
> TaskFlow externalize the orchestration. Do away with RPC-over-AMQP.

YES! I've got notes going back to my first few weeks in OpenStack
land that essentially say "What's with this RPC? Let's have
(observable) events!"

It was basically the first thing I noticed that stood out as a significant
limitation.

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent