[openstack-dev] OpenStack in the classroom

Shaifali Agrawal agrawalshaifali09 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 15:05:09 UTC 2015

Hello Amrit

I liked the idea of taking OpenStack to the classroom. Thank You for taking
the initiative and sharing your knowledge of cloud computing and OpenStack
with students.

I have a suggestion, why don't you offer a MOOC
<http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCgQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FMassive_open_online_course&ei=dUIlVZ38D9iLuwTRo4HYDg&usg=AFQjCNHB6aQWZ7LqZEhPhyoiZmfYso7Gbw&sig2=O23q6eODL8CpmHFQo7KUyQ&bvm=bv.90237346,d.c2E>,
preparing video lectures and sharing it with world(not just educational
institutions in Massachusetts and near Toronto). We can ask to various MOOC
offering portals(like udacity.com, coursera.org etc) to add the course into
their list of courses or may be let this course offered by OpenStack
Foundation only.

This will be really helpful for those who have never studied about cloud
computing in their regular study courses curriculum and are new to
OpenStack. Such students/listners will get well prepared and *sequential
lectures* to read and learn about cloud computing and OpenStack rather than
searching on web and reading about each new terms that they encounter while
hacking in  OpenStack or similar fields.

The main reason why am I asking to prepare MOOC is that your effort will
reach to whole world and also your knowledge sharing will stay alive
forever in the form of video lectures :)

Also even though I don't have much knowledge in cloud computing and
OpenStack but if you need someone to work with you, I would love to be
that. So please let me know if you need an assistant for such stuff.

Thanks!!!
Shaifali Agrawal
about.me/shaifaliagrawal
  [image: Shaifali Agrawal on about.me]