[openstack-dev] [nova] [scheduler] select_destinations() behavior

Lisa Zangrando lisa.zangrando at pd.infn.it
Wed Apr 8 09:01:08 UTC 2015

Dear all,

just a question about the behavior of select_destinations() in Icehouse:
this method has to select and consume resources or just select them
without consuming?
I'm asking you because if I invoke such method for testing the resource
availability and only when the result is OK I call run_instance(), the
scheduler's filters see a wrong host state (e.g. wrong vcpus_used). This
is because both methods use _schedule() which consumes resources
(chosen_host.obj.consume_from_instance(instance_properties)).

Is this feature intentional?

Thanks in advance.
cheers,
Lisa