[openstack-dev] [docs] [End User Guide] [Keystone] keyring support for python-keystoneclient and python-openstackclient

Brant Knudson blk at acm.org
Tue Apr 7 13:44:59 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 3:52 AM, Olena Logvinova <ologvinova at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Good day to everyone!
>
> My name is Olena, I am new in OpenStack (working as a tech writer). And
> I'm stuck on a bug https://launchpad.net/bugs/1419990 (patch
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/163503/).
>
> I have 2 questions, please:
>
> Does the page http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/content/cli_openrc.html contain
> info about python-keystoneclient only, or both python-keystoneclient and
> python-openstackclient?

The page contains info about all the CLIs, not just keystone and openstack.
Users should be able to create an OpenStack RC file that works with the
keystone command or the openstack command or nova, glance, etc. Note that
the keystone command is deprecated in favor of the openstack command, so I
think we should be removing any use of it from the documentation.

And should we remove the keyring support part here (because it was removed
> from python-openstackclient), or do some re-wording (because it is still
> left in python-keystoneclient)?
> (Here is a patch saying that keyring is still used by keystoneclient:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/107719/ )

I tried the keystone command and it doesn't have an --os-use-keyring
option, and neither does the openstack command. I think the "Keyring
support" section should be removed.

- Brant