[openstack-dev] [Congress] PTL candidacy
thinrichs at vmware.com
Mon Apr 6 20:42:28 UTC 2015
I'm writing to announce my candidacy for PTL of Congress for the Liberty cycle. We've made a lot of progress in Kilo, and I'm excited by what we'll achieve in Liberty! To give us some perspective, I compiled a (partial) list of improvements we made in Kilo:
* Officially became part of OpenStack (moved from stackforge to openstack)
* Matured the Congress community (commits/LOC from outside VMware: Juno:8%, Kilo:26%)
* Integrated with our first external project: Murano
* Improved scale-up by orders of magnitude (see http://ruleyourcloud.com/2015/03/12/scaling-up-congress.html)
* Added the first version of reactive enforcement (correcting policy violations after they happen)
* Created a Horizon GUI for writing policy
* Built a DSL for integrating external cloud services and enabled on-demand (de)installation of services
We achieved just about everything we set out to do in Kilo, thanks to the hard work of many outstanding folks. For the Liberty cycle, I'm planning on similar success in the following areas.
* Production deployments
* Scale-out: enabling high-availability and increased throughput
* Delegation: enabling Congress to interoperate with other policy engines to share the burden of policy enforcement
* Community: increasing non-VMware contributions, in terms of commits/LOC and especially reviews
While Congress is an early-stage project, we're on a great track, and I'll make sure we stay on it. As always I'm happy to chat about future directions, past progress, and anything in between.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev