[openstack-dev] [Oslo] Common Libraries PTL Candidacy

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 23:21:56 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,

After shadowing Doug for a while, It's going to be a really hard job
filling Doug's shoes. I am very thankful and very glad we had him so
long to guide us. I'd like to continue his good work going forward.

We've achieved a lot last couple of cycles, and the proof is the
almost empty oslo-incubator and the numerous libraries that we have
shipped. There is a lot of work yet to be done in adoption of our oslo
libraries in Liberty and beyond. We now have a good handle on the
release process, working with our CI, stable branches etc. We should
figure out how to help other projects pick up lessons we learned as
well. I'd also like to concentrate on getting more participation and
expertise in some of our really critical projects like oslo.messaging,
oslo.db etc. We have some very good solutions like Taskflow which
could use some help with adoption in existing projects like Nova. I'd
like to figure out how to do that as well.

If you would like to have me as your PTL, i'd need your help and
patience to make things happen :)

Thanks,
Dims