[openstack-dev] VPNaaS in Icehouse

Anik anikm99 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 5 04:01:28 UTC 2015

Hi Is there any document describing VPNaaS for Icehouse. The document I found are:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jphcvnn7PKxqFEFFZQ1_PYkEx5J4aO5J5Q74R_PwgV8/edit?pli=1
Virtual Private Network as a Service (VPNaaS) — Neutron Specs 0.0.0.post402 documentation
|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| Virtual Private Network as a Service (VPNaaS) — Neutron Specs 0.0.0.post402 documentationIPSec site connections Manage IPSec site-to-site connections through the VPN as a Serviceextension. Table IPSec site connection attributes Attribute Type Required  |
|  |
| View on specs.openstack.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

 Neutron/VPNaaS - OpenStack
|   |
| Neutron/VPNaaS - OpenStackContents 1 OUTDATED 2 Overview 2.1 DataModel 2.1.1 VPNServices Resource 2.1.2 IKEPolicies Resource 2.1.3 IPsecPolicies Resource 2.1.4 ipsec-site-connection Resource  |
|  |
| View on wiki.openstack.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Are these documents applicable for Icehouse ?
Also, I have the following questions regarding VPNaaS in Icehouse (or even Juno / Kilo):
1. Is only one subnet local + 1 subnet remote supported per VPN service ?2. Is there always a 1 : 1 mapping between VPNService and VPNServiceConnection ?3. Is the VPN gateway same as the neutron router or can be different ?4. What is the difference between subnet_id and local_cidr ?
Regards,Anik