[openstack-dev] [Heat] [Ceilometer] [depfreeze] bug is unresolved due to requirements freeze

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com
Thu Apr 2 16:26:23 UTC 2015

Hi all,

my previous update was a bit too hasty indeed - the problem is still there.

Steps I took:

in two empty virtualenvs I installed cilometerclient 1.0.12 and 1.0.13 and
compared "pip freeze" outputs - everything is the same except the
ceilometerclient itself.

Then I re-installed my DevStack with PIP_UPGRADE=True, all the latest
allowed libs are installed (that's what happens on the gate, right?),
ceilometerclient is 1.0.13 and all its dependencies are exactly as in those
two virtualenvs. Everything works, alarm resources are created by Heat.

Then I manually downgraded ceilometerclient to 1.0.12, restarted all Heat
and Ceilometer services - and can no more create Ceilometer alarms via Heat.

Upgrading ceilometerclient back (and restarting Ceilometer and Heat) solves
the problem.

We do better bump the requirements. The only projects I know of using
ceilometerclient are Heat, Horizon and Ceilometer itself.

Best regards,

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy
Software Engineer
Mirantis Inc