[openstack-dev] [kolla][tripleo] Optional Ansible deployment coming

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at chmouel.com
Wed Apr 1 12:32:03 UTC 2015

On 03/31/2015 03:30 PM, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> One of our community members submitted a review to add optional Ansible
> support to deploy OpenStack using Ansible and the containers within Kolla.
> Our main objective remains: for third party deployment tools to use Kolla as a

nice, I think it would be nice down the line if we could have direct
interaction from ansible with the docker containers and not having to
call docker-compose from ansible playbooks to allow more flexibility.

Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> writes:

> If you haven't already, I'd connect with the os-ansible-deployment
> folks, who are deploying openstack with ansible into containers. I
> believe they are currently doing production deploys, so you may find
> working with them rather than duplicating more productive.

As far as I know os-ansible-deployment is doing straight integration but
that's based on LXC and not using packages (and don't seem to respect
the one daemon/process by container aspect) but even tho I am sure there
is a lot of things that they have solved there that could potentially be
shared with kola.

Chmouel