[openstack-dev] [nova]: Doubts regarding Cells V2 deployment

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Wed Apr 1 07:36:57 UTC 2015

Le 01/04/2015 08:37, Kekane, Abhishek a écrit :

> Hi Devs,
>
> I have couple of questions regarding cells V2.
>
> Once cells V2 is implemented then there will be no concept on non-cell
> deployment which means there will be one cell at least (by default).
>
> 1. How the deployment with multiple availability zones done with cells V2?
>
> 2. How the availability zones and cells will be mapped? Is there any
> specific plan to target this?

At the moment, we haven't yet agreed on if the availability zones will
be per-cell or at the top level only - or both.
To be honest, all of these questions are tied to how Cells V2 will
schedule boot requests and the spec is currently at a draft stage [1]
for Liberty. Some discussions will happen during the Cells V2 weekly
meetings [2], feel free to attend.

-Sylvain

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/141486/
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings#Nova_Cellsv2_Meeting