[openstack-dev] [Neutron] for help!

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Tue Sep 30 09:44:55 UTC 2014

On 30 September 2014 10:26, Linchengyong <linchengyong at huawei.com> wrote:

>  Dear all,
>
>     Could anyone help me?  I have some questions to trouble .
>
>     1. Can the neutron create complex virtual network topology? Such as,
> any two routers' interconnection between each other.

Only if you bridge them with a network - direct connections are not
possible at the moment.
Something like:
                         169.254.169.1   169.254.169.2
              R1 ------- BRIDGE ------- R2

           INT_NET_1                 INT_NET_2

Also neutron routers do not support at the moment dynamic routing
protocols, so you'll have to manage static routes (eg. INT_NET_1's cidr on
R2 via 169.254.169.1)

>      2. If can't, Does the neutron team have any plan to support the
> complex virtual network topology?

Neutron has plans for everything and the exact opposite! If you think it
should support more complex topologies - whatever that might mean - feel
free to share your ideas.

>      3. As we can't create the complex virtual network topology with the
> GUI, we are wondering whether the neutron has already supported the feature
> to create complex virtual network topology, but just constrained by the GUI?

I reckon Horizon pretty much allows for controlling most of neutron API
features. I'm not sure about static routes however.